ANOTHER HERITAGE OF HUMANITY FOR ECUADOR, THE INCA TRAIL
The Inca Trail or also named as Qhapaq Ñan is be declared as a World Heritage Site. It is therefore the fifth destination of Ecuador which is recognized by UNESCO.
This Andean Route System was built by the Spanish hundreds of years ago and was mostly used for trade and defense. It is about 30,000 kilometers long and goes from Colombia via Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia and Chile to Argentina.
Nearly 600 kilometers of the Inca trail run through Ecuador and 108 of them will be nominated to be Heritage. There you will find a few important archaeological excavations, like Angamarca, Ingapirca, Cogitambo, and others.
Learn more about this interesting history for example at our Archaelogy Tour.
visit our other channels
- Favorite Places in Ecuador – Part 3 September 23, 2022
- Favorite places in Ecuador – Part 2 September 2, 2022
- Favorite Places in Ecuador – Part 1 August 12, 2022
- A stroll through the museums in downtown Quito July 22, 2022
- The desert of Palmira and the colorful market of Guamote – A day trip from Riobamba June 30, 2022