ANOTHER HERITAGE OF HUMANITY FOR ECUADOR, THE INCA TRAIL
The Inca Trail or also named as Qhapaq Ñan is be declared as a World Heritage Site. It is therefore the fifth destination of Ecuador which is recognized by UNESCO.
This Andean Route System was built by the Spanish hundreds of years ago and was mostly used for trade and defense. It is about 30,000 kilometers long and goes from Colombia via Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia and Chile to Argentina.
Nearly 600 kilometers of the Inca trail run through Ecuador and 108 of them will be nominated to be Heritage. There you will find a few important archaeological excavations, like Angamarca, Ingapirca, Cogitambo, and others.
Learn more about this interesting history for example at our Archaelogy Tour.
visit our other channels
- Tayos Caves excursion – Interview with guide Omar May 20, 2022
- Motorcycle trip through Ecuador – from Quito via Riobamba to Cuenca May 7, 2022
- Avocados in Ecuador – A visit to Hacienda Verde April 22, 2022
- Recreational areas in Cumbaya April 8, 2022
- Trip to the thermal baths of Papallacta March 24, 2022