HOW ECUADORIAN CEVICHE IS COOKED
Ecuadorian shrimp ceviche is one of the most popular and tasted dishes not only from the coast but from the entire Ecuador. Therefore we want to show you how you can easily do this at home! So you can serve it so friends and family.
To prepare this delicious Ecuadorian dish you will need:
- 2 pounds of cooked shrimp, peeled and veinless
- 2 small red onions, sliced into super-thin slices
- 4 tomatoes, thinly sliced or diced
- 1 green or red pepper – diced optional
- 15-20 lemons juice
- The juice of an orange
- ½ cup tomato sauce or shredded/shredded tomato for a fresher version
- 1 bunch cilantro or finely chopped cilantro
- Salt and oil to taste
How to prepare:
Rub onion slices with a tablespoon of salt, then rinse well with cold water.
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and let it stand in the refrigerator for at least one to two hours. Then you can taste and adjust salt if necessary.
Best served with chili or hot sauce, chifles, patacones or tostones, toasted corn, or kangaroo (popcorn).
You can also accompany it with popcorn, patacones, chifles or rice.
We hope this recipe guided you easily through the process.
ENJOY YOUR ECUADORIAN CEVICHE !!!!
Got hungry? The Ecuadorian Ceviche is really worth a try. SOLEQ.travel gives to the opportunity to try it at any tour possible. you may want to explore. Whether you are going with a Andes Tour, or with a tour along the Ecuadorian Coast. Ceviche is famous in Ecuador and even on the Galapagos Islands.
visit our other channels
- Flora and Fauna of Galapagos: The Sea Lion December 2, 2022
- Flora and Fauna of Galapagos: The Lava Lizard November 18, 2022
- Flora and Fauna of Galapagos: The Land Iguana November 4, 2022
- Flora and Fauna of Galapagos: The Marine Iguana October 21, 2022
- Flora and Fauna of Galapagos: The Giant Tortoise October 7, 2022